Sunday, May 29, 2011

Grutz says, "I love you." or "I wonder what they could possibly be hunting in the city at 3 a.m.?"

Hot lead? No thank you.

Last night/early this morning Carleen and I were awaken by gunshots. They were far off, a couple of blocks. A half hour later some more, within a 100 feet of our home. There were no squealing tires, so the shooter(s) were on foot. Later, we heard a man shouting for help. Summer time in Pilsen.

I have personally never been fearful for my life while in Chicago, be it Logan Square, Lincoln Park, any where. I also make a point of not being in places where I ought to be fearful.

Life is too precious to squander it with violence. As I stared at the ceiling, my heart pounding, I thought of losing Carleen. I don't want anything bad to ever happen to her. I don't want anything bad to happen to anyone, for that matter. Life can end like that. For you or the people you love. Tell everyone you care about that you love them. Do it. Don't wait till it's too late.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you.
-Mom (aka Mother Theresa)

Anonymous said...

I love you and want you all to be safe. Is it too selfish to ask you to move somewhere safer like eastern Iowa? Okay, I'm selfish and also want to want to spend more time with you guys, but I know you have to make the best choices for your family. Sigh . . . life is short. Hugs to everyone.
-Peg