Friday, May 27, 2011

Grutz says, "First my favorite hat. Now the new bed?!?!" or "How I learned to like the crate."

You're an animal but I want you to act like a person.

As Carleen mentioned, Arnie has be having some issues.  After yesterday's fiasco I purchased some new chew toys and a new bed.  Drove Carleen to work this morning and in 25 minutes he had the bed in ruins.  (Sigh).  I'm not upset with the dog, I'm upset with myself.  It's a dog and should act like one, not expected to act like a person.

I didn't initially go for crating, but boy oh boy, I do now!  So I ordered one, real cheap from Petco.  Memorial Day sale and free shipping (yeah) won't get here until next week (boo).  Aunt Jill mentioned some good things about crates and Maggie.  Also, I figured that with moving soon and me working (hopefully) next school year, we got to get him used to it.

Needless to say, I am very drained by all these recent events.  Love the pup.  Reading a lot.  Learning a lot.  Really love the pup.  Loved that hat, too.  But still, very drained.

4 comments:

carleen said...

Hang in there my dear. Love you, so does Arnie!

Anonymous said...

I am thrilled that someone actually listens to what I have to say!! : ) Put a blanket in the kennel/crate to make it homie for Arnie...hang a few pictures...ok, that's going overboard... Good luck!

auntie jill & Maggie (the sometimes kennel dweller)

OrangeBeauty said...

I just read a piece on NPR about a new book on dog behavior. Check it out! http://www.npr.org/2011/05/26/136497064/the-new-science-of-understanding-dog-behavior

Nick said...

Yeah, I heard a bit of it on 'Fresh Air'. All about the psychology of dogs, but some instruction, including dealing with sep. anx. I'm trying it out now. Thanks!