Tuesday, December 13, 2011

41 weeks, 1 day.

Today I notice the change in my voice.  It's softer when I don't mean it to be, and my ability to breathe expansively is so limited.  I walked up the stairs and was out of breath, I walked around Naperville with my grandmother and I was out of breath.  And I almost fell asleep driving home.  Yesterday I had a burst of energy, today is fatigue city.  I saw the midwife this morning, I am 3cm dilated, which, I hope is a good sign that something is moving along.  If my body doesn't go into labor naturally, we'll try castor oil on Monday, and then Tuesday will be induction at the hospital.  Hilary, our midwife is pretty amazing, and has never had to have any of her patients induced at the hospital.  She is optimistic, and so am I.  So far, I really don't feel any contractions at all, just really mild lower abdominal discomfort that is mostly absent, and goes away when I change positions.  I truly can't stop yawning, maybe this is pre-labor and I am going to have a nice sleepy, dreamy birth.  Or maybe I am just saving up some energy pockets.   Either way, I'm going to lay down.  

PS- someone should tell the automatic weekly email updates from Baby Center to not send emails that read "What should your one week old be doing this week?" Alas. 

No comments: