Friday, December 9, 2011

40 weeks, 4 days

Our living room smells like pine, and it's delightful.  The pumpkin candles help too, but it's the pine that really does it for me.  I'd love to have a tree, but it doesn't look like it's in the cards for this year.  We also don't have enough ornaments to fill it.  My mom still has my  "carleen" box at home, the clay bake ornaments, the photos with Santa, the beaded candy canes, and the hand stitched ornament gifts that came each year from mom's friend Alice.  I have yet to inherit my childhood ornament memorabilia.  This wreath will work for now. 

Pine wreath on our living room door makes it feel a little more holidayish. 


No news is still no news on the labor front.  Today Arnie had a vets appointment for a persistent red eye.  Our suspicions were confirmed, he is indeed a high needs dog.  His red eye comes from anxiety and possibly a hayfever allergy.  We are two peas in a pod with the allergy business.  He also is so attentive to me now, following me around and just checking to make sure whatever I am doing is legit. 
He wanted to be in the belly picture I took at 40 weeks.  He couldn't resist. 

What's going on? Do you want me to take your picture Mom?

These next few pictures are me at 40 weeks 4 days, today.   I wish I could say that I feel like it's going to happen soon, but I really don't know.  Baby is pretty comfortable in there.

This was the best I could do in the bathroom mirror!

Check out that belly.  It continues to amaze me. 

Can you believe that there is a baby squirming around in there?  The human body is something else. 
The rest of the day holds making molasses cookies and watching some online tv (I watched two episodes of  Kitchen Nightmares and it's a little too much drama for me.  I'm going to try and find Breaking Bad next, thanks for the suggestions friends!).

I'll keep you posted on the baby!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute baby belly. Arnie appears to find it amazing, too!

xo, jill

carleen said...

Thanks Jill! I think Arnie is a small person in a dogs body. I am really not sure how he is going to like being usurped by a small baby in the near future...

Anonymous said...

Dearest Carleen, you look beautiful with your huge belly! I am so excited for you guys! I didn´t get a chance to call when I was in the States for a few days but I would love to skype tomorrow.Can you send me your skype name? lots of luv (p.s. that pic of you and your dog is too cute!)