Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Welcome to our world Subaru!

I apologize in advance for the brevity and simplicity of this post.  I have been sucked in to Americas Got Talent, and Prince Poppycock just got voted off.  I am not the only one, which makes it a little better.  Theresa, Nick and I are a trio of Macbooks, and we all keep glancing up at the tv when the screen lights up.  This is terrible. And embarrassing. But I sort of like it.

Anyway, here's the important stuff.

It's done, we are in love.  My sadness about buying a car and exponentializing our carbon footprint has dissipated and now that I've gotten the hang of the clutch and gas relationship, I love our Subaru.

Our car behaves so much better with a big hug.


Another important note: 

Dear Beautiful Bicycle, that has gotten me so many miles, I promise not to neglect you in the coming years.  My legs will continue to take me places, even if I allow 4 wheels to carry me across the country. 

 
On course for tomorrow: more grown up things like life insurance, life planning, and trial running a recipe for pumpkin energy bars, but for now (I mean when Americas Got Talent is over) we are going to open mic night at a local coffee shop/ bar (called Monks), just for fun.  This is one of the nice things about Dubuque, it's really easy be convinced to do things because there's always an element of newness.

Before we close it up for today, again, I am astounded by the kindness of people.  Nick's long time friends Ken and Ann Kemen offered to let us borrow XTRA large therma-rests for our trip.   We stopped by their house and chatted for a while today.  They are the sweetest people and thanks to them, we will be car camping in comfort.

 Thanks Ken and Ann!  This is a picture from our awesome Dubuque wedding party on July 31.  
And since I'm thanking people, today we jump drove 57 great photos from Gina and Paul Cesaretti, who documented our wedding party in Dubuque so well.  Thank you.  What a great memory, I met so many people, and now that we have pictures, I can practice remembering all of their names. 

Sleep tight!

No comments: