Monday, August 8, 2011

Day 1- done

Well, I made it through day 1 of school with no tears, from me or the students.  It was a good day, I have really good kids.  27 of them.  They are all over the map academically, but I think we can come together and be a great class community.  I am going to try to remember the camera tomorrow for some shots of my "peaceful"classroom.  I am dubbing it the peaceful classroom (lamps and plants galore) so as to set this year off right.

As for me, I feel a little like I've been run over by a truck.  It must have something to do with the energy output in the past week and weekend, and the let down after the big day. The list of things I have yet to do, make, prepare is so long, but thankfully this baby is making me take it a little easier than I might have in the past.

And by taking it easy, I mean go to bed, now, at 9:30pm.  This is especially important because I "broke" the car on the way home, (pothole underwater goes unseen) and I am hitching a ride with a friend tomorrow, which means, I have to be ready to go on time!

Pictures and updates tomorrow, I promise.


No comments: