Tuesday, October 2, 2012

pumping in the closet, day 2

We have an outbreak of lice at our school, and given our recent encounter with bugs of another variety (I will dedicate another post to that discussion), I am paranoid, and itchy all the time.  I have a student that is almost constantly dealing with lice, and this morning, when I sent her to the office for a check, they sent her back with "only a few eggs," so she can stay today.  Albeit, with this particular student, attendance is as much of a problem as lice, so I understand, but it doesn't help with my psychosomatically itchy head.

Thoughts from the drive today:

Flock of birds making a figure 8 in the sky, I wish I was up there riding with the wind under my wings.

Pink fire sunrise over the lake, consistently makes me happy to be living where we are.

Again, fishermen to my left, always reminding me of my dad, and our (few) attempts at early morning fishing expeditions of past vacations.

And because I know you are hungry for a Nolan update: he is a crawling machine.  Nick just called me to say that Nolan crawled out of bed (our mattress is on the floor), over to the door, and was waiting behind it for Nick to come and get him.  He couldn't get the door open, otherwise, I am sure Nick would have found him chewing on Arnie's kong, or playing in his water dish.  This boy is on the move.   Also this morning, Nick updated me that Nolan stood up on his own, from sitting, pushing himself up with his little muscles.  He is changing and growing so fast.  (The lack of pics can be explained by our missing camera battery charger- it's in a bin somewhere, and hasn't been unpacked yet.)

I better stop before I leak milk all over the floor again, and... there it goes. Full bottle :)

AND it's Nick's birthday! Happy Birthday to my LOVE!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sitting with the kiddos at restime and loving your post!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU DEAR NICK!!!
Mail coming to you later in the week. much love, mum