Thursday, October 11, 2012

missing my sweet family


Written yesterday, 10/10

What a few days.  I am sitting outside Hamlin Park, waiting for Nick and Nolan to get off the bus and meet me for a quick visit before I have a tech rehearsal.  I am performing in Octet, a structured improvisational piece by Ayako Kato next weekend.  This is a throwback to my days as active dancer/performer.  It feels familiar and bizarre at the same time.  The dancing part is delightful, the missing my family part is really hard.  Today I left the apartment at 6:40 am, and won’t be home until after 9 pm.  This would have been a singular thing, but yesterday was open house at school, and I forgot to register to vote at our new address until last night.  (I left a message at our new Alderman’s office about registering and he actually called me back.  It was a welcome small town moment inside a huge metropolis. Two long days in a row and I am a bit of a mess; willing to have my family visit me at tech rehearsal for some cuddling and nursing.  My regular day is about 10 hours (leaving at 6:45 am and getting home at 4:30 give or take a little.  It is feeling SO long (non-stop at school, the only time I sit is in the closet pumping at lunch), and then dinner, bath, bed at home.  I am really struggling with how to get enough of my sweet family.

No comments: