Sunday, September 25, 2011

quick, catch up

It's been my intention to write for a long time, so now I'll get some words out there with just a few minutes left in my productive day (at 8, I turn into a pumpkin).  Nick's been away for the past 36 hours, set to return in the next hour or so, and this is what Arnie looked like all day (taken on my gritty phone camera).


Come on, please, won't you play with me, again, and again, and again?  Nick must do some serious rough housing with him all day long when I'm gone, because I could not keep up with his attention demands.  I seemed to get about an hour of respite after feeding him, or walking him, but other than that, he wanted to be the lap dog that my belly can't handle.  Thank goodness the "fun parent" will be home soon. 


So while I've been home relaxing, cleaning, catching up on school work and sleep, Nick's been in Iowa getting our remaining boxes ready for his mom and new fiance (congrats Theresa and Jere!!!!)  to bring a load next weekend.  He's also there this weekend to spend time with family at a reunion of sorts at Grandma Barbs.  I was sad to miss it all, but needed the time at home.

And, alas, he has the camera so I can't photo update you on the 30 week belly!  Every week feels like a milestone, but this one especially.  We are 3/4 of the way to meeting this little being that's kicking me harder every day.  When I'm not stressed about the preparations that have not been made, lately I've just been in awe of the miracle of life.  Last week, three of my friends all gave birth to little boys.  All within a week of each other, all 1 week early.  It was such an inundation with joy, and so reaffirming for me to see (hear about) all of these births going well.  I have 2 more friends due in the next few weeks, Nick's cousin is due in November, and we are Dec. 5!  It's baby season for sure.  There is much more to be said on this topic, and I am going to start taking pictures of my growing girth because I want to remember this time.

I am not sure how to say this, so I'll not mince words.  There is a dance company in Chicago of whom I not only love the dancing, but I love the dancers too.  Molly Shanahan/Madshak is in the midst of a kickstarter campaign to raise funds for the next creation.  Molly has added so much to my dancing life over the past 10 years, starting at Denison and continuing in Chicago.  These are excellent artists and people and they will use any funds donated to such a good end.   If you find yourself interested in donating to a cause that will further artistic endeavor in the fields of dance and art, consider donating to this company.  There are 12 days left, http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/379876815/the-delicate-hour-a-new-dance-by-molly-shanahan .  I'll be donating before the time is up.

Well, it's give the dog one last run around, and sleep time for me.  And, I'm not a pumpkin, yet.

No comments: