Monday, October 10, 2011

Bring it on baby...


October 4th.
At my parents house with an intermittent internet signal= forced to write and save publish until later. 
We are on October break right now, my school is one of those which gives 2 weeks to teachers in October, and then requires an early August start date.  It’s a trade off.  We also get 3 weeks during the Winter holidays and a 2 week Spring Break.  We are doing a stop by visit in Cincinnati on the way to Smoky Mountain National Park, TN- one of those items on my forever to-do list.  Since reading BIll Bryson’s book about the Appalachian Trail (A Walk in the Woods), I’ve been wanting to visit this park (in the off season).  It is near Dollywood and Pigeon Forge, and hopefully we can avoid the crowds and get straight to the trails.  We are staying in a cabin on a little farm with a small organic garden.  On the website it says that you can choose a vegetable from the garden to cook for dinner. I think they have pony rides too.  Just my kind of place. 
Wish me luck today as Arnie goes on a doggie vacation, I am already anticipating separation anxiety (mine), and his antics as we try to drop him off.  I am going to try to not be too judgmental of whoever receives him.  It’s very possible I may have to stay in the car for the goodbyes.  It’s only 3-4 days, but still, it’s our first time being apart.  Do I sound crazy?  Maybe I am just getting ready for the motherhood feelings.
Speaking of, the baby is 31 weeks and a day today.   The second week of my October break I am going to start to really think about what we need to feel ready for this baby.  I know there will be all kinds of personal and sticker shock, but I am ready for it.  Bring it on baby.

1 comment:

OrangeBeauty said...

I feel that way when we leave our cat, Carleen, and we have no little ones on the way! Enjoy your vacation!