Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Grutz says, "Moving is not for the meek." or "Yep, I'll get to that, don't worry."

Here's what I'm doing when I should be cleaning, packing, moving, and looking for a job!

Our busy, busy July is almost over.  Here's some highlights.  First, Missouri!

On our way back from Columbia we took a few detours and found a covered bridge.  It was  detailed in years of graffiti.  Only after uploading the shot did we see the writing on the floor.  Yes, I'm bad, apparently.
Getting some invites out for a friend's babyshower. (Note: Everyone who is cool is having babies in the next six months.)
Caleen glueing the cards together.  The theme was owls and we came up with a pretty neat design and used some of my old art I had floating around in my "Arts & Crafts" box.
 Some of the Owl Cards.  Here are some of the families:

The Stevensons.

The Kerwolskis.

The Lowels.
Which Owl family is your favorite?

Lastly, as I was changing utility services a moment ago and Carleen was doing this:
Babywatching.  Priceless.
Baby baby baby baby.  Our lives, it would seem, is all about baby.  (And the baby isn't due until December!)

So back to moving/job stuff.  But if you want to keep avoiding responsibilities check out our older blogs or these fine blogs!

Ciaran's blog!  A great entry about the synchronicity of the Simpsons.  Meta!  He's writing while in Ireland.

Emmanuel's blog!  He's building an acoustic guitar and some neat tools.  And he's in Ireland, too!

Miranda and Jason's blog!  My cousin and her husband have started a blog documenting their adventures, such as having a baby and moving (see?!?! everyone is doing it!).  They're not in Ireland.  They're in Oklahoma, or Missouri, or they work in Missouri and live in Oklahoma or right on the border of Missouri and Oklahoma...........  Anyway, maybe someone can clear that up for me.

Off to call about insurance.

Oh, and when we get settled, I get back to the birthdays, sorry about that.


3 comments:

afx said...

i'm absolutely obsessed with your owl cards. you should make a whole product line!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on surviving the big, hot move! So you think you want to take my favorite couch away? Hmmm... I knew the day would come!
Enjoy your new space for these few days before you jump back into all things school!
XXOO,
Mother Theresa

Christine said...

I'm usually not a fan of the whole owl thing, but I LOVE those owl cards! So great.