Friday, June 10, 2011

Grutz says, "Big Star is a big deal." or "When things just line up perfectly."

Seriously, Big Star.
They don't make'em like this anymore.



Earlier this week I posted about the joy I've found in listening to Domino Radio.  It's been interesting, random, fun, weird, unbearable, insightful, or just downright bad (bad as in good, kids).  So I pop it on this morning and what do I find?  About Group doing an hour of Alex Chilton (performances, covers, production, real rare stuff).  Wow.  Check it out.  (Quickly, it ends at 8 am cst!)

Now, what did I read last night at NPR music?  A piece about Big Star, Chilton's band!  I love it when this sh!t happens!

If you miss the hour, go and check out Big Star's #1 Record.  Steal it if you have to.  I'll post bail if necessary.  Just get it.

No comments: