Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Grutz says, "Are you trying to live up to your less than impressive stereotype?" or "A walk with you? You bet!"

I ventured to Chicago Public School's Office of Human Capital (yeah, spooky sounding) to right some wrongs, not surprisingly anything Carleen did.  I'm sure that though I was informed all is well, it is not.  In copying our wedding license the seal came out as flat, without any imprint.  NO SH!T! IT'S A COPY OF A RAISED SEAL, WHAT DO YOU EXPECT? So when Carleen was contacted that the form was missing the seal we had to "fix" the problem.  Of course it was not missing.  It doesn't show up on a copy machine.  I went to great lengths to ask the helpful and cheerful (honestly, I'm sure my saccharine greeting had something to do with it) to note on the copy that the seal, in fact was there, so as to not run into this problem again.  I'm not holding my breath.

In the mean time, Carleen and I went for a nice walk.  The weather has been non-depressive, yea!  We made our way to Chinatown.  It only took 15ish minutes, and neither of us realized how close we were to that particular cultural hotspot.
Looking out from the 18th St. bridge to a stop along the Chicago River.

Such a pretty lady.  Quick find Nick!

And here we go, entering Chinatown.  Mothers lockup your daughters!
Once we returned home we threw our dinner together, creamy New York deli style coleslaw and tiki tofu masala.  Yep, it was uber good.  I just wish there was an easier way to grate ginger, to get out the fibers.......

Everyone knows I married Carleen because she's a wonderful, exciting, stunning and lovely person.  But I have other motives, too.  Financial.  I now know the Healys are part of a giant financial empire, and here's the proof I found in Chicago today:
The Healys are the corner stone of the harp market.  International, baby!
Woohoo, my boat has finally come in.  Easy street here I come.  Oh, what's that dear? Your family has nothing to do with harps?  Damn.  Well, while I lick my wounds, here's your smack o' smart (irish accent no doubt) for the day......

Bernardo Bertolucci (born March 16, 1940) is an Italian film director and screenwriter, whose films include The Conformist, Last Tango in Paris, The Last Emperor, and The Dreamers.

Ernest Faydeau (16 March 1821 – 27 October 1873) was a French writer and the father of the notorious comic playwright George Faydeau.  He wrote Fanny in 1858.

Yep, my brain's spinning from all the increased IQ, too.  Roll with it.

No comments: