Friday, August 16, 2013

So this is it

It's the beginning of the end of the waiting and anticipation.  I am scared that after I have this baby, I won't have anything else to say or talk about.  This past week has been all about enjoying the time, and trying not to worry too much about what's going on inside of me, seriously, I should play the lottery, 2 babies all the way to 42 weeks?  Does that happen ever?  I feel like things are changing inside of me, but it's so irregular, and I haven't had any real contractions.  On Monday I was 4 cm dilated, so I imagine at this point I am a little bit more?  I've had several non stress tests, and an ultrasound on Wednesday to check for fluid and movement and everything looks fine (quelling any unspoken fears of my family members :).  Walking or standing really increases the pressure feelings, and sometimes the "tightenings," but honestly no contractions.  I keep wondering if this is just my bodies way, maybe I'll keep dilating without contractions and suddenly I'll be ready to have the baby.  How nice, if only my body was on the same schedule as the rest of the concerned baby birthing world.  Today is 42 weeks, and because everything seems fine, our midwives are letting me go until tomorrow, but that is it.  The course of action could include enema, castor oil, and breaking my waters, in that order maybe.  And The thing with the enema is that if it doesn't work to stir things up (or errr out) then I have to take the castor oil anyway.  Neither are a desirable option, given these memories of Nolan's castor oil induction I am fighting off.  And yes, all of these things we can still do at home, and the hope and desire is still to labor and birth at home, in the birthing pool.

I am getting acupuncture later today as a last try, though it didn't really help with Nolan's entry.


Nick took a bunch of pictures of me sitting by the lake yesterday, all in a continual state of trying to either sit or stand, moving slowly, you can almost see the process.






Our garden (Nick's other baby), has been producing for a while now, but these tomatoes are amazing.  I think the little ones are called "Moonglow," and we still have more coming.  These super mild August days might be slowing them down, which is fine with me because that means we get to enjoy them longer!  


And lastly, a few pics of my two boys, before we become a family of four very soon.!




Nick discovered a park nearby that has a TRAIN.   So awesome.




So this is going to be it from me for a while, I am taking a facebook and blog break.  So hopefully the next thing you hear from me will be good news.  Thanks for all the thoughts and support, we really appreciate it.  

Come on sweet baby! 



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

and now she's arrived...it was YOU Frances all along!!!!!!!!!! a great joy for all...luvmum