Saturday, January 21, 2012

Grutz says, "Babies have a lot of 'firsts', apparently." or "Step right up! Step right up and try your luck with Nolan!"

Scrubbing the night away....

Nary did I expect I'd be biding my time for my son to lose his belly-button.  But here we found ourselves weeks after the little squirt joined us, his dried former umbilical lingering a bit longer than we anticipated. But finally, finally it fell off.  Kind of.  At least enough to bath him!  BABY'S FIRST BATH!!!!
Dad prepping Nolan before his first bath.  "Ok son, just go out there and try your best.  You're ready for this.  However  it goes, just know your mother and I are very, very proud of you.  Go get'em, tiger.  Oh, and don't eat the soap."
Mom washing up Nolan.  The little guy enjoyed his first bath and did NOT eat any soap.  We're so proud, indeed.


Arnie and the Boy.  I smell made-for-tv movie.... (and some weird formatting that I couldn't fix before Nolan woke up!)

Not too long ago Carleen and I were stumbling through the ins and outs of keeping a house with a dog.  Now we're stumbling through the ins and outs of keeping a house AND a 1 month old baby.  Arnie is a great dog.  Who, sometimes, likes to remind us that he has the capacity to be a needy dog, just a reminder.  We were concerned about Arnie and the baby and all the changes we'd encounter.  And, like mentioned above, Arnie has been great.  And he's reminded us that he can be a total shit, too.  Mind you, this is the first winter we've had with him so I think he's getting a little cabin fever.  We don't go on the long walks as often.  Carleen really can't walk him yet and I'm at work 8 plus hours a day.  Oh, and did I mention he's not getting the attention like he used to prior to December 19th?  Yeah, that whole thing, too.  So he's had a minor slip-up.  Poor, poor stuffed lizard toy.  We hardly knew you.
Who knew Arnie like the taste of wool stuffing?  Let the record show the gruesome act, wool, savagely dangling from Arnie's mouth.  Oh, the humanity.



Let not this little smudge on Arnie's character sour your opinion.  He has been delightful.  A needy delight.  He and I go to the beach on the weekends and we have a blast, damn the snow and ice!  Our friends Paul and Kristina visited with their son, Gus.  I was at work, but Paul really bonded with Arnie (big surprise as Arnie doesn't really like guests, especially guys) and he even walked the pooch.

BF4E!!  Paul and Arnie hanging in the 'hood.  Arnie, what's up?  Now you sorta like people.  Weird.  But good!  Don't get me wrong.
Nolan likes to be licked by Arnie (I think).  Carleen does not.  Arnie does understand to be gentle with the boy and I can't wait until Nolan's big enough to play with the mutt.  Today I was taking a photo of the boy and Arnie just couldn't help himself.  Oh, Arnie, you're so sweet.

Our exalted leader posing for the masses.  Oh, wait.  Who's this coming along........
Arnie, "Hey Dad, can Nolan play fetch?!?!"  Nolan, "Yeah, Dad! Can I?!  I won't tell Mom, I swear!"
Dad, "Boy, you know your mother would hide me.  (whispers)  Just wait 'til she runs some errands." (Wink)
Not one but TWO Nolan sanctioned competitions!!

Game #1
Nolan came in weighing a whopping 9 lbs 7 oz.  He's due for a check up on Wednesday, January 25th.  How much will he weigh?  Make your guess.  Closest wins.

Game #2
Write a caption to the following photo.  100 word limit.  What is Nolan thinking?  What is Nick smiling at?  What's going through Arnie's brain?  Funny.  Serious.  Weird.  Anything goes.  Carleen will pick the winner (she does have the English degree).



What's at stake?  Signed authentic Nolan body art prints.  Yup.  That's not a typo.  

4 comments:

OrangeBeauty said...

I think there should be three speech bubbles, each one saying "What the %$#& is happening right now?!?!" Congratulations to you and Carleen. So glad everything is going well!

Anonymous said...

Hello Darling Family!

Methinks Mr. Nolan will weigh in at 10 pounds 4 ounces. (Bet I am way off - he looks much heftier than that!)

Voice bubbles:
Nick: I don't know if it's Nolan or Arnie, but sheesh and phew!
Nolan: I am too cute to make that!
Arnie's thought bubble: Great... Now I am going to take the rap for his toots, too!

(Yeah, pretty lame. It does jive with our chat re fat farts and need for more nappies.)

Love you all and look forward to seeing you sooner rather than later,
Mother Theresa

Anonymous said...

If no one else posts, does that mean I win? (Not that I am overly competitive or anything like that. I'm just saying...)
Love to you all,
Grandma TT

Anonymous said...

Okay, several caption ideas:
1: Funny. Serious. Weird.
(Nolan, Arnie, and Nick, respectively.)
2: The guys watching Yo Gabba Gabba. Or maybe Monty Python. Either way, Arnie thinks it's an aquired taste.

Love you beautiful people!
Aunt Peg