Saturday, July 13, 2013

37 weeks and moving right along.

I don't know where to begin.  It seems like so much is happening right now.  For one, I have lovely green, darker than seafoam, but in the same family fingernails.  My toes are sparkly purple.  It's amazing what some nail polish and friends can do for a girls spirit.  I am 37 weeks pregnant now, Nolan is expecting a baby sibling so soon.   My dear friends not only planned a little Lula lunch a few weeks ago, but followed it with mani/pedi time today.  I have been in a bubble of school, home, baby, prepare, and care for Nolan for a while now, and getting out and doing something decadent other than walking to parks and grocery stores felt so nice (and decadent).

So if you haven't heard, we are getting ready for baby.   The window is open now, we are in the clear for home birth (post 37 weeks= go ahead and have the baby), and I am just starting to process the reality of how our lives are going to change forever.  After all, we are going to be meeting someone really important very soon. I think of my siblings, and how connected we are, despite miles and time apart and know that the entry of Nolan's little bro or sis is a really big thing for me of course, but especially for him too.

All that said, my mind is in a million places.  I can hardly hang the laundry without starting to empty the dishwasher and completely forget the wet clothes.   Our baby room is happening, who knew we'd be using the third bedroom so soon, not me!  It is inadvertently feminine, and I hope that is a clue that maybe this one is a girl, but every one save our pediatrician (who immediately guessed girl) says it's another boy.  A healthy baby will be a blessing, but I can't help but hope that everyone is wrong and a little lady pops out.  I would love to buy a few tiny dresses.

Nolan is sensing that something is happening, he is boycotting bed like crazy.  Somersaults, avoidance techniques (yelling Dad! Milk! Water! Book! Nurse!),  last night it took 2 hours.  Tonight, we whittled it down to 1.   He's also has been trying out every baby thing we have around.  Thankfully in Cincinnati we acquired his own baby and stroller, so he can practice.  Whenever he climbs into some baby paraphernalia  he says "big?", like, "I'm too big right?"  And he'll sometimes go and get his baby to go in it.  But not always, sometimes instead of baby, we hear the creaks only 28 pounds in an infant baby seat can make.

Hence the mind all over thing, I just realized that I haven't uploaded the most recent photos of him and his baby doll, or the ones of him climbing into the bouncy seat, and I think we have maybe 5 total pictures of my and my belly so far this pregnancy.  So these pictures will have to come tomorrow.

Also, it just needs to be stated that these posts, while are definitely for some kind of audience known and unknown, they are also for us, as a sort of weird sporadic documentation of our lives, tumult and beauty and all.

I hope this is the beginning (or resurgence) of something regular (at least in the upcoming few weeks) but no promises!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love the FOUR Healy-Grutzes
tons n tons! Oma n Doma

Nick said...

I'm here, too. Getting ready for baby. In my own way, also.